By placing an Order and purchasing goods from www.binfieldlads.org.uk you
enter into a legally binding agreement with us on the following
Conditions. You should read and
understand these Conditions because they affect your rights and
These are the Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale of Binfieldlads Ltd, an online retailer, registered at 145-157 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW, United Kingdom,
incorporated in England & Wales, company No. 7429367 ("the Seller", "We" or
"Us") for certain products as set out in the pages on this site
("the Goods"). All prices shown on this website are inclusive of UK VAT GB 104 0033 92.
In accordance with the provisions of the Consumer
Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to withdraw
from this transaction. Details of your right to withdraw will be sent to you
with the Goods when they are delivered and can be found below. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM
THE CONTRACT DOES NOT APPLY IN RESPECT OF ANY AUDIO OR VIDEO RECORDINGS OR
COMPUTER SOFTWARE WHICH HAVE BEEN OPENED BY YOU.
THESE CONDITIONS DESCRIBE THE BASIS FOR PURCHASE BY
YOU AND SALE BY US OF THE PRODUCTS DESCRIBED ON THIS WEB SITE.
- ‘Conditions’ means the standard Terms and Conditions
of sale set out in this document;
- ‘Contract’ means the contract for the sale of the
- ‘Payment Card’ means the credit or debit card or other payment system chosen by you to be used as the method of payment for
the Goods of which you have provided details to us when placing the Order;
- 'Delivery Area' means your specified delivery address
- 'Goods' which you have ordered
including any instalment of the goods or any parts for them which are available
for purchase from our Web Site in accordance with the Conditions;
- ‘Information System’ means a system for generating,
sending, receiving, storing or otherwise processing electronic communications;
- ‘Order’ means any order placed by you with us for the
supply of Goods;
- ‘Order Form’ means the electronic order form completed
and submitted electronically by you;
- ‘Regulations’ means the Consumer Protection (Distance
Selling) Regulations 2000;
Site' our presence on the world wide web, currently accessible via the address
- Reference to any statute or statutory provisions shall
be deemed to include any statutory modifications or re-enactments thereof or
any rules or regulations made thereunder or any enactment repealing and
replacing the act referred to.
- Unless the context otherwise requires:-
- words importing the singular
shall include the plural and vice versa;
- words importing the masculine
gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa;
- references to persons shall
include bodies of persons whether corporate or incorporate.
- Unless the context otherwise requires references to
clauses shall be construed as references to clauses of these Conditions.
are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or
interpretation of these Conditions
Basis of the sale
- We shall sell to you and you shall purchase only those
goods which you have set out in an order and which have been accepted by us. We
reserve the right to reject any order. Unless otherwise agreed in writing each
such sale of Goods will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- No Order submitted by you shall be deemed to be accepted by us unless and
until confirmed by e-mail or in writing by us.
- No variation to these Conditions shall be binding upon
us unless and until agreed by e-mail or in writing by us.
- Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be
subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect
- The quantity, quality and description
of the Goods will be those set out in your Order (if accepted by us).
- Orders are accepted at our sole discretion but are
normally accepted if the Goods are available, the order reflects current
pricing, you are based
in the Delivery Area and your Payment Card is authorised for the
- You or we are entitled to withdraw from any contract
in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the Goods appearing on
- You shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of
the terms of any Order submitted by you, and for giving us any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient
time to enable us to perform the Contract in accordance with its terms.
- The quantity, quality and description of and any
specification for the Goods shall be those set out in the relevant pages of
- We reserve the right to make changes in the
specification of the Goods which are required to conform with any applicable
statutory or EC requirements
Price of the goods
- The price of the Goods shall be the price set out on
the relevant page of this site. We
reserve the right to change the prices set out on this site provided that if we
accept an order from you the price for the goods will be the price set out in
the relevant range at the time the order is placed.
- The price of the Goods includes standard shipping via Royal Mail for UK Mainland Customers. Additional shipping options will be available at your order checkout.
- The total price is inclusive of any applicable value
Terms of payment
- Upon providing us with details of the Payment Card and submitting the Order you :
- confirm and undertake that
the information contained within the
Order is true and accurate and that you are duly authorised to use the Payment Card; and
- authorise us to deduct from
the Payment Card account the full price of the Goods and all other
payments which may become due to us under the Contract.
- If it is
not possible to obtain full payment for the Goods from your account on delivery
of the Goods to you, we can cancel the Order or suspend any further deliveries
to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
- Where Goods are returned by you in
accordance with your rights under the provisions of the distance selling regulations, we shall credit
the Payment Card with the appropriate amount.
- We will not pass your personal information on to any third party without your
permission. Unless solely due to our
negligence we cannot be held liable for any losses you may suffer. If in any event your payment card is used
fraudulently you are entitled to cancel the payment and be reimbursed by the
card issuer without being charged for the loss.
- Delivery of the
Goods shall be made by us or our carrier to the address for delivery shown in
the Order Form. It is important that
this address is accurate. Please be
precise about where you would like the Goods left if you are out when we
deliver. Once the Goods have been
delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions, you will be
responsible for them. Our responsibility
for everything other than damage due to our negligence or due to a
manufacturing design or design fault will cease upon delivery.
- We will do all that we reasonably can to meet the date
given for delivery or, if no date has been agreed, within 7 days of the order
date. We cannot be held responsible for
delays beyond our control. If we are
unable to make the delivery date we will contact you. If delivery cannot be made within 30 days of
the given delivery date you will be entitled to either arrange a revised date
or cancel the order and receive a full refund.
If we are able to make delivery in advance of the given date we will
- If the
order is a multiple order and we are unable to make delivery of the whole order
but are able to deliver part we will contact you, informing
you of this, and delivery will be on a mutually agreed date. In this instance delivery will be said to be
made in instalments. Each delivery shall
constitute a separate contract and any failure by us to deliver any one or more
of the instalments in accordance with these conditions, or any claim by you in
respect of any one or more instalments will not entitle you to treat the
contract as a whole as repudiated.
- If we fail for any reason within our control to
fully/partially deliver your Goods any reimbursement
shall be no more than the price of the Goods, together with any delivery and/or
reasonable return costs.
- Either party is entitled to cancel the contract in
respect of non-performance of obligations in relation to delivery. If cancelled we will refund you any monies
already paid by you and any reasonable return costs incurred by you.
- As soon as we have delivered the
Goods or services, you will be responsible for them. If you delay a delivery our responsibility
for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end on the date we
agree to deliver them, as set out in the contract.
- Subject to the provisions of 'Right to Cancel' below and notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other
provision of these Conditions, the property in the Goods shall not pass to you
until we have received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of
the Goods. Goods supplied to
you are not for resale.
- Terms and conditions of this
contract do not affect any additional rights you may have under a
manufacturer’s warranty/guarantee. These
are rights given to you by the manufacturer in addition to your statutory
rights. Any additional rights given to
you by the manufacturer in respect of Goods purchased are not incorporated into
- As a consumer you have statutory rights regarding the
return of defective Goods and claims in respect of losses caused by any
negligence on our part or our failure to carry out our obligations. The terms
and conditions of this contract do not affect your statutory rights. For further information
regarding these rights contact Trading Standards or Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TIME LIMIT FOR
NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS
- You are asked to examine the goods
as soon as reasonably possible after delivery.
Any claim by you based on any defect in the quality or condition of the
Goods or their failure to correspond with specification must (whether or not
delivery is refused by you) be notified to the company within 14 days from the
date of delivery or within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or
failure if it was not apparent on reasonable inspection.
- Where a valid claim in respect of
Goods delivered is notified to us within 14 days of the delivery date, or
within a reasonable time if not apparent on reasonable inspection, you are
- reject the Goods and receive a full
- or have the Goods (or the part in
question) replaced free of charge.
- Any claims made after 14 days of
delivery or exceeding a reasonable time of discovery, we shall be entitled to
- replace the Goods (or the part in
question) free of charge or
- at our sole
discretion refund to you the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the
price) and we shall have no further liability to you.
- Except in respect of death or
personal injury caused by our negligence we will not be liable under this
contract for any loss or damage caused by us or our agents in circumstances
- there is no breach of a legal duty
of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
- such loss or damage is not a
reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach;
- any increase in loss or damage
resulting from breach by you of any term of this contract.
- In the event that you are using the
supply address in part for commercial purposes then no liability for loss of
profits or other economic loss arising out of a breach of this agreement can be
- Subject to our obligations, and your
rights under the Regulations, we shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be
in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure
to perform, any of our obligations in relation to the Goods if the delay or
failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
- We assume no responsibility for the
contents of any other web sites to which this Web Site has links.
- You have a cooling off period of 14 days after the date on which you
have received the Goods to cancel the Contract, and return the Goods at your
cost and receive a full refund of the purchase price.
- During the cooling off period any cancellation must be
given by written notice by either party.
- Goods must be returned complete and undamaged with all
accessories and instructions. The
original packing must be returned in reasonable condition.
- The right to
cancel this contract will not apply in respect of:
- Personalised Goods or Goods made to your specification
- Audio, video recordings (including DVDs) or computer
software you have unsealed
- Food, drink or other Goods intended for everyday
- Contracts for accommodation, transport, catering or
leisure services which are arranged for a specific time or date, e.g. train,
airline or concert tickets or hotel bookings
- In the event that we supply
substituted Goods to you in accordance with the provisions of 'Basis of Sale' above, your right to cancel is as set out
as above except that the cost of returning the Goods shall be borne by us.
- Any communication sent electronically by e-mail or
- will be
deemed to have been sent once it enters an Information System outside the
control of the originator of the message;
- will be
deemed to have been received by the intended recipient at
the time that in a readable form it enters an Information System which is capable of access by the intended
- will be
deemed to have been dispatched in the case of a business at its principal place
of business and in the case of an individual where he or she ordinarily
- will be
deemed to have been received in the case of a business at its principal place
of business and in the case of an individual where he or she ordinarily
- To protect your own interests you should ask for a
delivery receipt for any such and retain a hard copy of that delivery receipt
and the original correspondence.
- Any communication sent by post will
be deemed received by the intended recipient three days following mailing where
sent by first class post or five days after mailing where sent by second class
- The clauses of these Conditions and
each sub-clause thereof are several and if any part of any clause or sub-clause
shall be void, invalid or unenforceable then the remainder of such clauses or
sub-clauses shall nevertheless be valid and enforceable.
- No term of the Contract is intended
to confer a benefit on, or be enforceable by, any person who is not a party to
the Agreement (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
- If any provision of these Conditions
is held by any court or competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or
unenforceable in any jurisdiction in whole or in part, it will not affect the
validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these Conditions and the
remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected nor will it affect
the validity, lawfulness or enforceability of that provision in any other
- We will try and solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal
with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings you must do so
within the United Kingdom.
headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their